You are to analyze the 2019 and 2020 carbon monoxide levels monitored at the Martin Luther King station located in Wilmington, Delaware. You are to perform the required analysis and prepare a business report in American Psychological Association (APA) 7 professional paper format. The report must contain a title page, an abstract (which you will call an Executive Summary), a problem statement, a methods section, and a results section.
The carbon monoxide readings at the Martin Luther King station are recorded every hour. The data for this project was accessed from the Delaware Open Data website and downloaded into two Excel files. The first Excel file contains the 2019 carbon monoxide values and the second Excel file contains the 2020 carbon monoxide values.
A company manufactures light bulb and wants you to analyze the production of the 100-watt light bulbs. Several social media posts indicate a potential problem with the durability of the light bulbs. You are asked to analyze the life of the bulbs to see if there is a potential problem that needs to be addressed.
The stakeholders for this project are the Vice President of Operations, the Production Manager from plant A and plant B, the Manager of Quality Assurance, and you (the data analyst).
The following information and questions were obtained during the ask phase of the data analysis process.
• The current company goals for the life of the 100-watt light bulbs is a mean of 1,000 hours and a standard deviation of 75 hours.
• Are the company goals being met for the 100-watt light bulbs produced at plant A?
• Are the company goals being met for the 100-watt light bulbs produced at plant B?
• Is the mean life of the 100-watt bulbs produced at the two plants equal?
The following information was obtained during the process and prepare phases of the data analysis process.
• The quality assurance department randomly selected forty 100-watt light bulbs from each of the two plants for testing.
• The quality assurance department measured the life of the 100-watt light bulbs selected in the samples and recorded the life of the bulb in hours and the plant where the bulb was made in an Excel spreadsheet.
• The quality assurance department validated the data recorded in the spreadsheet.
• The spreadsheet with the data was sent to the data analyst (you) so that they (you) can begin their (your) analysis.
The data analyst will:
• Calculate the mean and standard deviation for the life of 100-watt bulbs from each of the plants.
• Construct frequency distributions of the life of the 100-watt bulbs from each of the plants (use categories of 650 – 699, 700 – 749, 750 – 799, 800 – 849, 850 – 899, 900 – 949, 950 – 999, 1000 – 1049, 1050 – 1099, 1100 – 1149, 1150 – 1199, 1200 – 1249).
• Construct histograms of the life of the 100-watt bulbs from each of the plants.
• Prepare a final report that will be shared with all of the stakeholders.
An analysis about the movie “Erin Brockovich” explain ethical dilemmas and analyze the content of those dilemmas. In doing this it is recommended that you choose a movie that revolves around dilemmas in a business or group setting.
identify how they rationalized their actions and tie back into the movie. Be specific
thoughts on what behavioral theory might be the driving force behind their actions
Conclusion of what you would have done in their place
For this assignment, you will discuss your own development over your lifetime and how it relates to the developmental concepts discussed throughout this course. The purpose of this paper is for you to demonstrate an ability to apply a working knowledge of the theories, terminology, and concepts of human growth and development by identifying your life as it relates to key human growth and development concepts. You will incorporate empirical studies related to development, readings, and videos.
You will use developmental theories and concepts to analyze your own developmental processes focusing on childhood and adolescence. Use a variety in your sentence structure and wording. You should not use direct quotes, but rather summarize and paraphrase insight from your sources. You will use your textbook and at least 3 other scholarly sources (no less than 4 sources total) to create your developmental analysis. Your paper must be at least 8 pages, including a title page, 6 pages in the body, and a reference page. Note: You may have up to 8 pages in the body of your paper.
I’m originally from the islands migrated at 11. Please see some of what I added on a previous paper before so you have a idea.
Discuss what makes The Red Balloon a classic Children’s Film. Some of the points you may want to address (though not ALL) include the following. What elements in the short film do you think identify The Red Balloon as a children’s film? How does it also relate to an adult audience? How would you express the ‘message’ of the film as it may address children’s issues? How does the film’s framing of the relationship in the film between character and environment open up the possibility of metaphorical or symbolic meaning? These are all possible avenues you can explore, but remember it is not enough just to claim it is a children’s film because of x, y, and z. In other words, a good paper will not just describe how and why it is a children’s film, develop a thesis topic that expresses an analytical viewpoint on the film. An excellent background resource for the children’s film is the documentary A Story of Film and Children (Mark Cousins, 2013), which can be streamed on the Kanopy platform, available through Concordia which I will link on Moodle. The film may give you some ideas on how to frame your essay around the notion of a children’s film. But watching this documentary is just a recommendation, not a requirement
In order to give you another opportunity to experience the production of Death of a Salesman, you will view the movie version of the play. You will then also complete a short assignment in which you compare it to the on-stage version of the play.
You are comparing the onstage version to the 1985 movie version of Death of a Salesman.
This 1985 movie version of Death of a Salesman is available from many different venues including the Wicomico County Library, your own online video streaming services, Netflix, YouTube or another online video outlet. I strongly encourage you to view this film and complete the assignment as early as you can to keep things from piling up. We will begin watching the movie in class, but we may not complete the entire movie.
1. Read Death of a Salesman, Acts I, II and the Requiem.
2. Watch an onstage version of Death of a Salesman of the play. My favorite is the 2012 Broadway version with Philip Seymour Hoffman.
3. Watch the 1985 movie version with Dustin Hoffman.
4. Complete the comparison chart based on your expectations from the on-stage version and your experience in watching the video version.
5. Attach the chart to the correct folder under the DRAMA FOLDER on Blackboard.
6. Although this assignment is called an “essay” it is not formatted as an essay in the traditional sense. You are still writing paragraphs with focused information, but the information is placed in boxes instead of in MLA format.