- Discussion Topic Overdue – Last Thu at 11:59 PMBefore beginning work on this discussion forum, please review the link Doing Discussion Questions Right, the expanded grading rubric for the forum, and any specific instructions for this topic.
Before the end of the week, begin commenting on at least two of your classmates responses. You can ask technical questions or respond generally to the overall experience. Be objective, clear, and concise. Always use constructive language, even in criticism, to work toward the goal of positive progress. Submit your responses in the Discussion Area
The privacy of personal information and of health information in particular, continues to be a dynamic issue in the United States. As more and more health information is computerized, healthcare consumers express concern about their privacy and that they are losing control over their personal health information.
to access the section of the Center for Democracy and Technology (CDT) website devoted to health privacy. CDT is, by the way, a champion of online civil liberties and human rights and is dedicated to keeping the Internet open and free. Review the insights, posts, and press releases posted in CDT’s health privacy section and respond to the following:
- How has the law protecting health information impacted access to healthcare information?
- Is there more work left to be done or are there other areas of concern, now that the law is in place? If so, what are these?
- In your opinion, what direction should future efforts to protect health information take?
- To support your work, use your course and textbook readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Your initial posting should be addressed at 150-300 words. Submit your document to this Discussion Area by the due date assigned. Be sure to cite your sources using APA format.
Respond to your peers throughout the week. Justify your answers with examples, research, and reasoning. Follow up posts need to be submitted by the end of the week.
Use the following rubric as a guide to complete your discussion responses.